IIW-India EWAC Alloys Award
EWAC Alloys Award
EWAC Alloys Limited, Mumbai
This award is given to the Best Paper in Reclamation and Repair Welding during the National Welding
Seminars / International Congress / Conference of the Institute.
- Purpose/Objective of the fabrication/repair and its industrial importance.
- Benefits visualised through lower cost and higher functional efficiency.
- Clearly defined planning and scope of work.
- Adequacy of the NDT techniques adopted/effectiveness of QA procedures.
- Stringency of the quality requirement.
- Innovation or ingenuity in setting up work, adoption of the most cost-effective inspection procedure
for the job.
- Procedures for higher productivity.
- Maintenance of inspection records and data management.
- Accuracy of the results in terms of cost savings, functional efficiency, with reference to the
objectives specified by the author.
- Other findings, if any, of importance besides what was specified, as a by-product during the course of
Overall writing style and effectiveness in communication.
- Evaluation Procedure
WHY – 10%, HOW – 40%, WHAT – 50%
- Each paper is evaluated by three separate judges (Professors, Researchers, Welding engineers from
various fabrication industries, consultants, consumable manufacturers etc.) for each category.
- Copies of the papers are sent to the judges.
- Their evaluation is compiled and normalised with respect to Judges average and the global average.
- Care is taken to avoid the judge being one of the authors of the papers being evaluated.
The winner of this award receives a Certificate and a cash prize of Rs.10,000.00.