IIW-INDIA_SHARP TOOLS AWARDS
Sharp Tools Awards
Sharp Tools Limited, Chennai
The Sharp Tools awards have been instituted from 2010 to the Best & Second Best Papers in Welding Fabrication and Practices specifically in Welded fabrication, quality assurance, Testing and inspection of components and awarded during the National Welding Seminars / International Congress / Conference of the Institute.
- Purpose/Objective of the fabrication/repair and its industrial importance.
- Benefits visualised through lower cost and higher functional efficiency.
- Clearly defined planning and scope of work.
- Originality of approach/novelty of design. Ingenuity in the use of materials and adoption of welding process.
- Innovation or ingenuity in setting up work, adopting procedures for higher productivity/quality.
- Method of fabrication/repair/execution of project – how correct and systematic is it?
Final inspection/test data and performance analysis.
- Accuracy of the results in terms of cost savings, functional efficiency, with reference to the objectives specified by the author.
- Other findings, if any, of importance besides what was specified, as a by-product during the course of the work.
Overall writing style and effectiveness in communication.
- Evaluation Procedure
WHY – 20%, HOW – 40%, WHAT – 40%
- Each paper is evaluated by three separate judges (Professors, Researchers, Welding engineers from various fabrication industries, consultants, consumable manufacturers etc.) for each category.
- Copies of the papers are sent to the judges.
- Their evaluation is compiled and normalised with respect to Judges average and the global average.
- Care is taken to avoid the judge being one of the authors of the papers being evaluated.