IIW-INDIA WELDMAN AWARD
Weldman Synergic Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
WELDMAN award is given for the best paper presented in any one of the three following areas of welding during National Welding Seminars / International Congress / Conference of the Institute, instituted from 2009.
- automation or process development
- productivity improvement
- Indigenous development of power sources
The development presented would be evaluated with respect to productivity improvement, automation, import substitution, cost reduction, reduction in power consumption, ease of operation, improvement in quality, potential application etc.
- Each paper is evaluated by three separate judges (Professors, Researchers, Welding engineers from various fabrication industries, consultants, consumable manufacturers etc.) for each category.
- Copies of the papers are sent to the judges.
- Their evaluation is compiled and normalised with respect to Judges average and the global average.
- Care is taken to avoid the judge being one of the authors of the papers being evaluated.