The Indian Institute of Welding is a member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW) having headquarters in Paris, which was created in 1948 and now has 56 members. IIW have developed and administer a Unified International System for Education, Examination and Qualification of Welding Personnel, which is globally recognised and internationally accepted and administered by its International Authorisation Body (IAB) and operated in 43 countries. International Institute of Welding (IIW) is the accredited global agency for implementation of all International Standards (ISO) in the field of welding.
The Indian Institute Of Welding has been accredited by IIW as its only ‘Authorised Nominated Body’ (ANB) in India (To be referred to as ANB-India) to operate its above international schemes and award following International Welding Diplomas.
International Welding Coordination Personnel:
International Welding Engineer/Technologist/Specialist/Practitioner (IWE, IWT, IWS & IWP)
International Welding Inspection Personnel:
International Welding Inspector- Comprehensive/ Standard /Basic
Fillet, Plate and Tube/Pipe in various processes & materials
The ANB seeks to achieve harmonisation and a common standard in the examination and qualification of professional welding personnel internationally. The ANB accepts responsibility for the implementation of the current IIW system for education, examination and qualification of welding personnel at the national level.
It is the role of the Indian Institute of Welding – Authorised National Body (IIW-India ANB) to act within India for International Institute of Welding (IIW) in respect of Personnel Qualification& Certification in accordance with the Guideline of its International Authorisation Board (IAB), including:
- Administer award of IIW Diplomas by Transition Route for qualified & experienced professionals following (IAB) approve eligibility Criteria and procedure.
- Appoint after thorough audit ‘Approved Training Bodies’ (ATBs) for the conduct of courses in accordance with applicable IIW – IAB Rules/guidelines and the ANB Quality System Manual and OP and to monitor their performance.
- Control and approve admission of students for Standard Route to ATB according to approved access (entry) qualification.
- Administer and approve the applications of candidates for award of Diploma by Alternative Route, ensure compliance at various stages to approved procedure before final examination.
- Conduct of written & oral examinations and practical tests based on IAB Guideline, Operating Procedure (OP) & ANB QSM for all examinations at ATB’s following Standard Route or otherwise for Alternative Route
- Award of Diploma of the International Institute of Welding to successful candidates from above procedure and maintain relevant information and Records and report the same to IAB.
The ANB is assessed and monitored in compliance with the Rules, Guidelines and Operating Procedures (OP) of the IIW administered by IAB, through its qualified Assessors and by monitoring. ANB is responsible for ensuring that the international standards of education, examination and qualification are maintained. In this, the objective is that the IIW qualified personnel at a certain level will have achieved the same minimum level of knowledge and competency irrespective of the country in which they had been qualified.
Certification refers to the confirmation of certain characteristics of an object, person, or organization. One of the most common types of certification is professional certification, where a person is certified as being able to competently complete a job or task, usually by passing of an examination/test.
Certification is not licensure which is administered by a governmental entity for public protection purposes and certification by a professional association. However, they are similar in that they both require the demonstration of a certain level of knowledge, skill and ability. The competence of a Certification body is assessed for a particular discipline for accreditation by a National Authority.
Qualification is historical fact but Certification with validity period reflects the current state of knowledge and skill.
The Indian Institute of Welding is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET) a Division of Quality Council of India (QCI) the nodal body of government of India for administering international and national quality standards.
The ANB Division of the Indian Institute of Welding is tasked with the responsibility for execution of its accredited Certification authorisation following ISO 17024 (Conformity assessment-General requirement for bodies operating certification of persons) for the following areas.
- Certification of Welders skill and competence following International Standards and Codes under the scope of accreditation by NABET and is subject to follow the Quality System and OP designed to meet the requirement of ISO 17024. The function is auditable by NABET assessors for compliance.
- Welding Inspector Certification: IIW India is in the process of finalising a Welding Inspector Certification Scheme being drafted by a Technical Committee of The Indian Institute of Welding, to meet the professional requirement of Welding Inspection in the fabrication industry as per approved codes and standards in India and also which will be acceptable to overseas bodies for fulfilling various statutory requirements. The Scheme is in an advanced stage for implementation.
THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF WELDING -ANB: DOWNLOAD LINKS
|Document||Click link below|
|1||IIW Membership Certificate -2018|
|2||ANB Authorisation Certificate of IAB|
|3||Schedule to IIW Authorisation to ANB|
|4||IIW India ANB Brochure|
|5||IIW-India Welder Certification by ANB – QCI-NABET Accredited||IIW India|
|6||IIW-India Welding Inspector Certification proposed scheme||IIW India|