IIW-India`s mission is to promote Education, Training, Qualification and Certification in welding in India in line with International Standards which would be globally recognized and accepted.
Role of IIW-India in Skill Development
- Knowledge provider to Industry and Training Institute
- Assessment & Certification
- Training the Trainers
- Conducting National level Skill competitions
IIW-India`s Skill Development Programs
a) National Welding Training & Certification Scheme (NWTCS):
National Welding Training & Certification Scheme (NWTCS) programme has been developed to provide Certification of Welder at different levels and for various industry sectors as per various Certification Schemes as follows:
- Certification Scheme for MMAW Foundation (MMAW – F)
- Certification Scheme for GTAW Foundation (GTAW-F)
- Certification Scheme for GMAW Foundation (GMAW – F)
- Certification Scheme for Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting (Foundation) (OFGC– F)
- Certification Scheme for Plasma Cutting (Foundation) (PC– F)
- Certification Scheme for Industry oriented Standard MMAW Structural Welding (MMAW – S)
- Certification Scheme for Industry oriented GMAW Structural Welding (GMAW – S)
- Certification Scheme for Standard Boiler and Pressure Vessel Welding (MMAW – P)
- Certification Scheme for Auto Sector Welding (GMAW – A)
- Certification Scheme for Expert Welder (EW)
b) Welder Certification:
IIW-India conducts certification of Welders to various International & National Welder testing standards e.g. ISO9606-1, ISO9606-2, ASME Section 9 and AWS B 1.1 etc.
This activity is conducted by ANB-India under the International Section.
c) Sector Skill Assessments:
IIW-India is an Assessment Body under NSDC Sector Skill Councils Govt. of India’s Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship for PMKVY and other schemes.
d) Modular Employable Skill (MES) assessments:
IIW-India is an Assessment body under Govt. of India`s Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Directorate General of Training (DGT) for Modular Employable Scheme (MES).
e) National Skill Competition:
IIW-India Conducts Best Welder Competition annually in different categories and winners are given Awards at the National Welding Seminar.
f) Training of Trainers:
IIW-India conducts training the Trainers programme for various Sector Skill Council and other organizations.