Guidelines for formation of Students’ Chapter of IIW-India
The students’ chapter of IIW-India has been constituted to meet the following objectives:
- Create awareness on Welding applications and the latest developments.
- Explore the career opportunity for the student’s community in this area.
- Provide an opportunity to students in networking and organizing workshops / seminars in this field.
- To promote the interest in Welding Education among Engineering Students and qualify them for R&D in the field of Welding Technology.
- The institute / college to be a member of ICM of IIW India.
- Minimum 1 of the faculty member to be a member of IIW India from the Institute.
- Minimum 25 students to be a student / associate member of IIW India from the institute.
- To conduct Periodic technical talk to the student members in their college/ institute with the help of the branch attached to students chapter.
- To conduct yearly seminar / workshop and certification program by the students members in welding technology at their premises.
- To conduct AMIIW program classes to the student member at their college premises with the support from the attached branch.
- To allow the student members to attend International, National and Branch Seminars / National Weld Meet of IIW-India with a concessional delegate fees.
- To organise for the students to go for educational tours / Industrial visit to various welding, fabrication industries as a case study and other educational institutions to upgrade their knowledge in the field of welding and to the latest technology being used in welding technology.
- Arrange Guest lecture from industry expert, Presentation etc.
IIW-India Branch will provide necessary support to students’ chapter in organizing above activities.
Formation of the Students Chapter to consists of the following
4.3 Executive Committee Members
- The Chairman to be from the Institute / college - one of the faculties to be an IIW-India member.
- Chairman to be the representative of the attached branch preferably from Managing Committee Member.
- Secretary, Treasurer and 2 committee members from the student’s member.
General requirement for the formation:
- In the branch AGM the attached students’ chapter Secretary will brief the activities carried out by them during the year with PPT presentation.
- The branch can help to the attached students’ chapter to deliver technical talk by any members of the branch when organised monthly or once in 2 months.
- The branch to help for students’ chapter member for plant visit in their respective area. The students chapter members to organise themselves for travel / food etc during such visits.
- Branch to help / support students’ chapter attached with them for Annual seminars/ welding workshops.
- The branch should help for organising any faculty member for AMIIW exams classes for the students’ chapter members.