BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
- Companies having certification to ISO: 9001 with respect to their quality management systems cannot make significant use of it to the special process (a process where the conformity of the resulting product cannot be readily or economically verified is referred to as a “Special Process”) like welding, design etc. as it unlikely to provide the required demonstration of company’s capability to required product quality.
- Adoption of ISO:3834 can overcome such system weaknesses and boost the manufacturing company’s ability to market products in both domestic and international markets.
- It is the standard of Quality requirements for fusion welding processes
- Adoption of ISO 3834 can bring about distinct benefits to the end user ,manufacture& to employees
|Benefits to the Customer – User||Benefits to Manufacturer- Fabricator||Benefits to the Employees|
|•Improved supplier reliability
•Greater assurance of quality of welded product
•With greater reliability enhancement in the performance of the plant
•Reduction in maintenance cost
•Reduced dependence on third party inspection and resulting reduction in cost.
• More assurance of delivery on time
|•Global recognition as a competent manufacturer of welded products
•Reduced rejection / rework, resulting in cost saving
•Jobs completed on time with First Time Right approach
•Better efficiency with regard to coordination of all welding related activity
•Effectively trained and skilled workforce for better productivity
•Increased opportunity to bid for quality welded products •Greater customer satisfaction and assurance
•Auditing to compliance comply with EU Directives and the CEN Harmonized Standards by widely experienced professions will be helpful towards continual improvement •Implementation of base for relevant product standards like EN:15085; EN:1090: EN:13445 and CE marking etc.
|• Less failure -greater job satisfaction
• Greater job security
• Expose to proper training
• Better understanding to the coordinated responsibilities of other colleagues
• Professional recognition
• Satisfied employer
• More rewarding job position
• Develop team spirit
A recent European survey carried out amongst the Manufacturers who have already implemented ISO:3834 has revealed that 85% of the respondents have found the scheme to have many managerial advantages in keeping the fabrication process for welded products under control and also have found this to enhance quality and money saving. In the same survey 45% of the respondents have been able to quantify savings in their fabrication cost.