IIW-INDIA_CEO BSP AWARD
CEO BSP Award
SAIL, Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai
This award is given to the Best Paper in Reclamation and Repair Welding in Steel Plant during the National Welding Seminars / International Congress / Conference of the Institute.
- Purpose/Objective of the fabrication/repair and its industrial importance.
- Benefits visualised through lower cost and higher functional efficiency.
- Clearly defined planning and scope of work.
- Adequacy of the NDT techniques adopted/effectiveness of QA procedures.
- Stringency of the quality requirement.
- Innovation or ingenuity in setting up work, adoption of the most cost-effective inspection procedure for the job.
- Procedures for higher productivity.
- Maintenance of inspection records and data management.
- Accuracy of the results in terms of cost savings, functional efficiency, with reference to the objectives specified by the author.
- Other findings, if any, of importance besides what was specified, as a by-product during the course of the work.
Overall writing style and effectiveness in communication.
- Evaluation Procedure
WHY – 10%, HOW – 40%, WHAT – 50%
- Each paper is evaluated by three separate judges (Professors, Researchers, Welding engineers from various fabrication industries, consultants, consumable manufacturers etc.) for each category.
- Copies of the papers are sent to the judges.
- Their evaluation is compiled and normalised with respect to Judges average and the global average.
- Care is taken to avoid the judge being one of the authors of the papers being evaluated.
The winner of this award receives a Certificate and a cash prize of Rs.10,000.00.